Thursday, May 21, 2009

She's Crafty

It's no surprise that I love re-using and re-purposing household items. So when my ceramic dishsoap dispenser broke, I wanted to re-purpose something else instead of buying a new one. (I can't stand to have that ugly plastic dishsoap bottle sitting out on my counter all the time, no matter how well Method or anyone else designs their packaging.)

I had a few really cute glass soda bottles left over from various trips to The Soda Gallery sitting in my kitchen window that were too great for me to throw away. So on a recent trip to the Container Store, I found out that they carry these great pour-spout-dispenser-top thingies that you can use for olive oil or whatever. I bought them *hoping* they would fit into my cute Dr. Pepper bottle, and guess what? It totally works! I love its vintage flair. Tip - try using equal parts dishsoap and water for maximum pour-ability.

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

For years---I had a Jose Cuervo bottle with a pour spout like that for my dish soap.

It was always....quite a conversation starter when people said, "So, you must really like tequila." & then I'd have to tell them it was just soap. {I'm sure they were already looking around for spinning chairs like at Carlos & Charlies!}